Restaurateurs: Driving sales with healthy beverages
America is facing a crisis. It's not an impending war or a government shutdown - it's obesity.
Yes, obesity is a major problem in the United States. The NCHS estimates that 70.2% of Americans are overweight or obese.
Obesity impacts our health, mental stability, and quality of life.
Having a large portion of the population that's overweight or obese also costs a lot. In 2008, one study found that direct medical costs due to obesity totaled $147 billion. That's not even counting obesity absenteeism which can cost between $3.38 and $6.38 billion.
Obesity disproportionately affects low-income individuals who turn to cheap packaged food and sodas as their main food source. Only in recent years have consumers realized how poisonous sodas are and their contribution to the U.S.'s obesity epidemic.
Soda's Impact on Health
By now, most people know the terrible effects that sodas have on the human body. Here's just a brief list of how regularly drinking a soda might impact your health:
- Decline in liver and kidney function
- Increase risk for diabetes
- Artificial caramel colorings are linked to cancer and vascular issues
- Normal sodas high in calories and sugar
- Wears away your dental enamel
- Artificial sweeteners in diet sodas linked to cancer
- Increased risk of heart disease and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
Many of these problems are also inter-related with obesity.
As people drink more sodas and maintain a relatively unhealthy diet, they increase the amount of fat in their bodies. That additional fat makes it harder to be active and ultimately leads us into a downward spiral of health.
Changes in Consumer Preferences
Luckily, more Americans are realizing how terrible sodas are for them. In a 2014 survey, nearly two-thirds of adults said they tried to avoid adding soda to their diets.
Instead of soda, consumers are opting for healthier and lower-sugar options. These healthier options include natural juices, teas, black coffee, water, and kombucha, to name a few.
Healthy Profits Depends on Healthy Patrons
According to Nation's Restaurant News, restaurateurs look to replace carbonated soft drinks with more healthful choices.
Realizing that healthier beverages are potent sales and traffic drivers, a growing number of restaurant operators are enhancing their selection of waters, iced teas, lemonades and juices, just as they have done with their foods.
Healthier patrons can spend less on monthly prescription drugs and will have more money to spend at their discretion. That can have a positive impact on the economy and in turn it will be good for your business.
Starhaw Herbal Teas Help You Innovate Your Beverage Menu and Earn Healthy Profits
At Starhaw herbal tea, our mission is to help people improve health via time-tested and popular herbal teas. Below are ten of our most popular teas and combo teas that you can offer to your patrons by getting just 4 to 5 main ingredients that are available in the below product collection. These will sure make your customers happy and help drive you sales, traffic and boost your profits. You can only only sell them as beverages, but also sell them as packages for your patrons to prepare them at home to use them daily to get the health benefits. Imagine you can instantly have your own herbal tea shop built into your restaurant, the way Starbucks coffee shop does it. They sell beverages and also sell coffee for customers to take home or buy them as gifts for friends and family.
- Hawthorn Berry Tea - Hawthorn Berry Tea is the King of Healthy Herbal Teas. It is an amazing gift of nature to mankind and the nurse of the liver and heart.
- Goji Berry Tea - Goji Berry Tea is known as the No. 1 anti-aging super food. It is very rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids essential for healthy life.
- Green Tea - Green tea is synonymous with health and is known as the drink of eternal youth for its great benefits and the large amount of antioxidants and phenophenols it contains.
- Black Tea - Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world next to water, and black tea is the most popular variety of tea in the West.
- Combo: Haw and Goji Berries
- Combo: Black Tea with Haw
- Combo: Green Tea with Haw
- Combo: Black Tea with Goji
- Combo: Green Tea with Goji
- Super combo: Black Tea with Haw/goji berries
- Super combo: Green Tea with Haw/goji berries.
Call Jack Yang at (908) 872 - 5840 to book an appointment with one of our beverage consultants.
When you are ready to order. Here are the steps to follow: Step 1, Select the situation that best fit you: 1. New to Starhaw and want a starter's kit; 2. Returning to order more supplies; Step 2. Choose the packages and supplies that best fit your needs and place the order. You order will be sent to you with FREE shipping.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection.